To Keep Ontario Place For All We Believe:
- Ontario Place must be for ALL and kept publicly accessible.
- Before any changes, there must be a thoughtful, comprehensive public review, with a full and robust public consultation.
- Public interest, not commercial interest must drive the new vision.
- No casino.
- Future plans must:
- acknowledge the waterfront’s Indigenous heritage.
- maintain Ontario Place as part of Toronto’s waterfront park system.
- be integrated with the revitalization of Exhibition Place.
- celebrate Ontario.
- preserve Ontario Place as a recognized cultural heritage landscape including the Cinesphere, the Pods and the newly added Trillium Park.
As former Premier William G. Davis has said, “Ontario Place is and was a Crown Corporation so as to serve the public of Ontario – those living in the GTA and visiting from away. It would be a shame and a disservice if commercial gain replaced the public interest on the present site of Ontario Place.”